Monday, November 29, 2010

A Surprise At The Party

Something wonderful has happened! Unfortunately, it was also something awful in disguise.The good news first. I met a wonderful guy! The bad news? He's a Montague. I'm sure some people reading this will not realize the significance of such a name. I'll explain. The Capulets and the Montagues are bitter enemies. For example, when my cousin Tybalt and I were children, we never played Knights and Dragons as many of the other children did. We were taught Capulets and Montagues and the Capulets always won. This feud is huge, much bigger than a few people. In fact it has spanned generations. And so you see the terrible situation of finding a perfect man in an enemy. When our eyes locked...there are no words. He was so charming, and so amazing. And when he kissed me, it was nothing like that terrible attempt of a kiss when I was 11 with one of the neighborhood boys. Anyway, I am smitten with Romeo. That's his name. Romeo. I can easily forget that it is followed by Montague. The problem is that other people can't. The problem is the prejudice! I wouldn't have talked to him had I known he was a Montague, and never have met who I think, well, I think he is my true love! 
The rest of the party was fine. Lots of dancing. Lots of avoiding Paris. The man might be handsome, but he is like cheese. Nice enough, but boring. Boring as cheese. I suppose I will just go get some air before bed. I will be sure to write tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment